GISC Dance Night & Directions
- Club Dancing every Thursday
- Bar and Food Service 6:00
- Shag Lessons 7:00
- General Dancing 7:30
- Club Closes 10:00 +/-
- Club DJ ~ Wayne Bennett
We dance at Ziggy Mahoney's on St Simons Island, GA, The link gives map information and directions on how to get to Ziggy Mahoney's from out of town.
GISC Club Membership
Membership is open to those who are interested in the Carolina Shag Dance and have been sponsored by an active GISC member. Prospective members are also encouraged to attend club functions prior to submitting an application.
The Club Membership & Application Form form can be found on this page. Click the image and a printable PDF will come up that you can complete and mail back to the club. This form you will also used for membership renewal and changes of personal and email information.
Club Lessons & Schedule
The club gives a full set of Shag lessons 3 times each year ~ cost $40/person in total. The lessons groups are BASIC ~ $20, BASIC PLUS ~ $10 and INTERMEDIATE ~ $10. The lessons are held on the club dance night for 30 minutes and last a total of 10 weeks. You can take the whole set in order or take a break between any of them. A video of the steps taught is available to purchase when you have completed the lesson plan.
Golden Isles Shag Club
- P.O.Box 24235
- St.Simons Island
- GA 31522, USA
- Tel: (912) 267-9077
GISC Officers & Directors ~ 2015
- Wayne Bennett ~ President.
- Rob Jagger ~ Vice President.
- Lynda Stevenson ~ Treasurer.
- Darlene Jacobs ~ Secretary.
- Richard Applegate
- Bill Barker
- Zaidee Carruth
- Brenda Gribble
- Karen McLawhorn
- Ronnie Pickren
- Bill Ringle
Golden Isles Shag Club ~ Shag Icons !!!
GISC now has 2 shag icons in our club and you know them both well, they are your Dance Instructors, Club Ambassadors ~ Husband & Wife, Wayne and Judy Bennett. Judy was elected a Shag Icon in 2008 and Wayne in 2012, and if you are up in NMB for the Spring Safari, I know you will see both of them sitting in the back of a convertible during the Saturday Parade.
For More Information ...
- Find us Facebook at Golden Isles Shag Club on , and ask to become a member. All of the current club news, activities, photos and friends can be found here.
- We are a member of the Fast Dance Association with music rights for ASCAP, BMI and SESAC that it's club DJ, visiting DJ's and Performing Artists play.
Golden Isles Shag Club ~ Bylaws
The club's Bylaws have been added to the site Club By-Laws.
Golden Isles Shag Club Party Calendar
The entertainment committee of the club has moved into high gear and set up this years 2015 calendar of club parties.
Many shag clubs dance in hotels and ballrooms, at GISC we have a classic beach bar with Ziggy's on St Simons Island; but we go out door for our Low Country Boil and Oyster Roast at Bill & Doinita's. We shag with a permanent outside dance floor & gazebo, the fine aroma of BBQ, Pulled Pork, Shrimp, Burgers and Fixin's. Make sure to note the date for these Spring and Fall GISC parties - even for a night its worth the trip. Bring a Camper / RV we also have hookups right at the party!!!
- Re-Up Party .................................... Jan 31st
- Low Country Boil .......................... May 17th
- Shag-A-Ganza 25 ......... July 30th - Aug 2nd
- Oyster Roast ................................... Oct 24th
- Christmas Party ............................... Dec 5th
Shag-A-Ganza 24 & Sand Gnat ~ Aug 7th - 10th
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO OPEN PDF's FOR REVIEW & PRINTING